3 ripe bananas, mashed
180g plain flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
160g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
55g melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 180'C and lightly grease and flour a loaf tin.
- In a bowl, combine the sifted flour, baking powder and salt.
- In another mixing bowl, add the caster sugar, eggs, vanilla and melted butter. Using an electric mixer, whisk until pale and slightly increased in volume.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients then stir in the mashed banana.
- Pour the mixture into the greased loaf tin and bake for about an hour or until golden and cooked through. Allow the bread to cool in the tin for about 10 minutes before tipping out.