2 pain au chocolat pastries
A knob of softened butter
50ml double cream
150ml whole milk
2 tablespoons demerara sugar
A handful of raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 180'C. Lightly butter the baking dish you'll be using for the pudding.
- Sprinkle a tablespoon of the demerara sugar into the buttered baking dish so it roughly coats the bottom.
- Cut the pastries into 1cm slices and arrange in the baking dish.
- Whisk together the cream, milk and eggs and pour the custard mixture over the pain au chocolate slices. Let it rest for 5 minutes or so, until the pastry has absorbed some of the liquid.
- Sprinkle a tablespoon of demerara sugar over the top of the dish and bake in the oven for 20 - 30 minutes until golden but still a little wobbly in the centre.
- Sprinkle with raspberries and serve with a drizzle of cream.