6 passion fruit
5 heaped tablespoons sugar
125g salted butter
- Place a sieve over a glass, heat proof bowl. Halve the limes, squeeze the juice and pour through the sieve.
- Cut the passion fruit in half, scoop out the pulp and add to the sieve. Use the back of a spoon to push through the fruit, leaving just the seeds behind. This takes a while, but persevere, it does work!
- Beat the eggs, then sieve into the bowl. You can put the sieve aside now.
- Add 5 heaped tablespoons of caster sugar.
- Add the butter, cut into rough cubes, then give the mixture a stir.
- Place the glass bowl over a pan of gently simmering water, making sure the bowl doesn't actually touch the liquid.
- Stir for about 20 minutes, or until the curd thickens to the consistency of custard.
- Pour into clean, sterilized jars and store in the fridge for up to a month.