1/2 cup (or 115gs) of butter, softened
A heaped 1/2 cup of soft brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup plain flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 & 1/2 cups of rolled oats
1/2 cup raisins
3/4 cup of dark chocolate, hand cut into chunky pieces
- Cream together the butter, sugar, egg and vanilla until soft and fluffy.
- Fold in the dry ingredients - the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir in the oats, raisins and chocolate then refrigerate the mixture. Chilling the mixture slightly is supposed to help the biscuits retain their shape and stop them from spreading.
- Preheat the oven to 175'C and line a baking tray with parchment.
- When the oven's ready, spoon dollops of the mixture onto the baking tray leaving about 2 inches between biscuits.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until they're just slightly golden around the edges but still soft-looking. Leave to cool on the tray for about 5 minutes before transferring to a rack.